Friday

Hair Transplant in Turkey with Dr. Aslan of Este Turkey

Our family members have genetically hair loss problems.
I also started to suffer from hair loss in my early twenties.
It was getting more serious and making me feel worse day by day.
On my 29th birthday i was looking like 40 years old :(
I had tried anything to stop the hair loss. But no way.
I didnt want my hair back. Stopping the hair loss and keeping the remaining hair was enough for me.
I tried nearly everything  about hair loss. But no way.
So i decided to find another solution out of medicines, sprays etc.
Yes, there was a way.. Hair Transplant !!

First, i started internet searchs. I read blogs, saw some before and after photos etc.
Yes, it was working but there was a problem. The cost of hair transplant operation.
It was too expensive and i was about to abandon.
Then i saw some people went to another country for hair transplant operations.
It was called medical tourism :)
I am a traveller but did not know about what medical tourism is.
According  to the internet search results Turkey was a poplar destination for medical tourism especially for hair transplant operations.
There were lots of people who chose Turkey for hair transplants.
So i focused on Turkey for my hair transplant and contacted several clinics.
After a detailed internet search and mail traffic with clinics i chose Dr. Aslan of Este Turkey.

I sended my photos and requested detailed information about hair transplant operation by using online consultation tool in Este Turkey's web site.

Patient Coordinator Mr. Halil replied my mail and gave me information about the operation.
Acorrding to Dr. Aslan 4000 grafts would be enough to cover my bald area and gain a new image.
He said me that they only use FUE which was the most modern and the best for natural results with no pain  and it was possible to complete the operation at one seance.
Price was desirable when compared with prices in Spain or anywhere else in Europe.
I think the most important thing is doctor's self confidence and experience in such a case.
Dr. Aslan was the only doctor who gives certificate of guaranty to his patients regarding the successful result.
And i made my decision..

After making reservations Mr. Halil kindly asked for sending my e-ticket to him so that they would arrange the meeting at the airport for pick-up service and also keep the reservation secure.
I said ok and sended my e-ticket by email.

Mr. Halil said me that he would meet me at the airport for pick-up. On Monday when i arrived to Turkey he was waiting for me with a meeting board which my name was written on. I was very pleased to see him.
Then we moved to hotel first and made hotel check-in quickly.
After hotel check-in we went to clinic to meet Dr. Aslan for a face to face.
 
When we arrived at the clinic Dr. Aslan waiting for us. He welcomed me and we went in his room.
Dr. Aslan was very friendly while informing me about the operation.
I deeply felt his self-confidence during the consultation. He answered my questions very clearly.

By the way Dr. Aslan said me that he had hair transplant operation for twice too.
May be that is why he undestands his patients very well and has a good cominication with them.
Anyway, he checked my bald area and donor area one more time. After the consultation Mr. Halil took me to my hotel for a rest.

On Tuesday morning I meet. Mr. Halil at my hotel and went to Este Turkey Clinic together.
Everything was ready and they were all waiting for me.
First, i wore a surgical gown and after taking my photos they shaved my hair and washed it.
Anesthetist came in first and applied local anesthesia to back of my head.
When local anesthesia applied, a nurse started to harvest hair grafts .
During harvesting two other nurses were collecting the harvested roots and grouping them as single - multi roots.
After this stage the anesthesist applies local anesthesia to bald area.
At that time Dr. Aslan came in and drew how my hairline would be.
He drew the hairline and showed me in a mirror and explained why they should make the hairline like that. The hairline which Dr. Aslan was great and i said ok.
To be able to transplant the hair roots, they constituted slits on the bald area.

After this stage the next stage was transplanting stage but we had a break for lunch first.
After the lunch Dr. Aslan told me to check the harvested roots and take photos of the grafts. I checked my grafts. There were 4120 grafts.
Dr. Aslan and one staff started to transplant the hair grafts. This stage was the longest stage but  I was ok, i was watching movie:)
I think  it was 17:00 when the operation ended.

Dr. Aslan gave me some medicines and explained how to take them.
That was all :) I went to my hotel back.
The next day i meet Mr. Halil at my hotel and went to clinic together again for medical dressing.
They cleaned harvested area and hair transplanted area both.
After the medical dressing and cleaning i wore my hat and went for Istanbul city tour.
Istanbul was amazing. I was really impressed.
I took lots of photos in Istanbul.
Thursday was my last day in Istanbul and i went to clinic for the last time to learn how to wash my hair.
Mr. Halil gave me a cup of tea. After drinking tea, a nurse came and took me to wash my hair.
While she was washing my hair Mr. Halil was camcording the process for me to watch coming days and wash my hair in same way by myself.
It was all done..  I said that i was very thankful to Dr. Aslan and all other Este Turkey staff.
Dr. Aslan conducted me to the door and we said each other goodbye.
On the way to the airport i thought that i made a good decision with choosing hair transplant in Turkey.